Monday, October 24, 2011

My "Man Card" Has Been Revoked

I wasn't sure if I would admit this to the world, but I took Michelle to see Footloose and I liked it. I felt a little less manly. I admit it! To compensate for this feeling, I went to the BYU/Idaho State football game and watched BYU destroy the Bengals. No offense to any Bengal fans that may stumble upon my blog, but I think the Copper Hills High School football team could have beaten them.

I've been feeling pretty good lately. I've been trying to walk on the treadmill. I've only made it 3 1/2 miles so far but I'm working up to more. Even though I am very tired when I finish, it makes me feel good when I am exercising.

I read an interesting quote the other day andI can appreciate the message now more than ever before. It says:

"We have no right to ask when sorrow comes 'Why did this happen to me?' unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way." Author - Unknown

This is a great way to look at life. I think my blog keeps me humble and helps me remember how lucky I am to be here. I will admit that the further I get away from treatment, the less I think about the big challenge. Don't get me wrong, I think about it every day, I just don't reflect on how lucky I am. I hope I never forget what I've been through.

In the meantime, I'd better get back on the treadmill and start earning my "Man Card" back. :)

No comments: