Thursday, November 24, 2011

Don't Waste Your...

You fill in the blank here. I was looking at the list of blogs that I mentioned on my last post and I saw a picture of a Mom and her baby and on the window was written, "Don't waste your cancer". Unfortunately, I don't know who to credit for the thought but it was eye opening for me. I then thought about all of the adversity that my family and I have faced over the years. I think in every one of those situations, we learned something. Perhaps the lesson is as simple as the realization of how strong we have become or that we are so blessed to come out of that "challenge" with very few scars.

It has been a rough week and a half. My Dad went into the hospital on Monday, November 14th. He has Pancreatitis. He has been in so much pain. It is hard to watch someone that you love suffer so much. It has been tough on my Mom as well. She is so tired. Unfortunately, we had to have Thanksgiving without him today. I can't wait for him to be back to his old self. This experience has really made me appreciate how Michelle and my family must have felt while I was going through treatment.

We have a PET Scan on Monday. Is it possible to be excited and scared at the same time? I want to know how the cancer is progressing but I'm also scared of what we will find. I'm very hopeful that we will see very little progression at all. I still owe Michelle a 20 year anniversary trip next spring and I'd like to feel good when we go. Michelle is a trooper. We don't have drama in our lives. I couldn't have picked a better mate.

I expressed gratitude in my last post but once again, I'm thankful for all of you. Thank you for your prayers, we continue to need them and we know that we are much stronger because of them.

Don't waste your challenges. Embrace them, learn from them, and realize how blessed you are because of them.

No comments: