Monday, January 16, 2012

Elder Prawit's Favorite Food

When I first arrived in Thailand on my mission, I was extremely homesick. I was the only missionary in my group that was assigned to a native Thai speaker. I was in a part of Bangkok on the west side of Chao Praya river called Thonburi. I was overwhelmed and afraid of this large city, I'd never seen anything like it before. My parents knew that I was struggling and I had also been sick. One day, I was making a tape for my parents and I asked my companion, Elder Prawit, to tell about his favorite food. It is an old military favorite. After hearing this tape, my parents quit worrying about me. (Warning...it has some language, but it is hilarious)


I was only a month in country, so my Thai was really bad. I was very grateful for Elder Prawit, my Trainer. He was a great missionary and a very good example to me. I hope you enjoy it like I did.


No comments: