Sunday, February 19, 2012

One Year Ago...

Yesterday marks the one year anniversary of my first chemotherapy treatment. All weekend, I've had some psychosomatic symptoms. We've been talking about it throughout the week and for some strange reason, I've had too many memories of chemo this week. I could vividly remember the smells of that first chemo session. I was so sick and I swear I could smell the exact same smells. I was watching a tv program on the Disney Channel and there is a kid from a current Disney TV show that was doing a musical number and it reminded me of when I was sick. I've felt sick to my stomach for much of the week. Again, I think it was psychosomatic but maybe I've had a bug as well. Finally, I was eating a zinger today (yes, I still eat like a 10 year old), and I was reminded of a dear friend that passed this past year. He came to visit me and brought treats and one of the treats was zingers.

So glad to be on this end of it. I have a scan on the 27th and I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous. I had a wonderful sister grab my hand today and tell me that she is so happy that I'm doing so well. I visited her house once when I was in the Bishopric and I didn't think she knew me well but she told me that she has been praying for me. I love the power of prayer! Our home teachers came over tonight and gave a lesson on prayer. I don't know where I would be without prayer. I'm not perfect with my prayers but I go to Heavenly Father a lot...at home, for my kids, for my extended family and friends, with my job, and especially for my sweetheart! I told the kids tonight how I always try to envision Heavenly Father listening to me. My prayers have more meaning when I pray that way. Thank you again for all of your prayers.

No comments: