Monday, March 12, 2012

This one's for NED...

Who is Ned and why is this one for him? I'm committed! By writing this down, I'm committed. NED = No Evidence of Disease. Best thing a cancer survivor can hear. I recently read that some people do some crazy rituals when they receive their NED news. Me...well, I guess this is crazy too. I decided that I wanted to do something for myself. I'm going to run a half marathon on June 23rd. Many of you know me and know that I'm not in great physical shape but I'm going to do it. I may have to walk some but I have to do it! If anyone is interested in joining me, it is the AF canyon half marathon. Proceeds benefit cancer patients that are in need of treatments but can't afford them. I was very fortunate to have great insurance during my fight, I can't imagine facing that challenge without insurance or a way to pay for the treatments.

NED may equal crazy old man trying to run a half marathon, but it might also mean another fighter beats cancer after receiving the treatments that he/she needs.

2 comments:

Nikki Darling-Kuria said...

Jim I am so happy for you!!! What a strong fighter you are. You have inspired many people with your courage and I can see why you were fighting so hard... Your beautiful family. I have no doubt that you will finish your half marathon and prove that cancer didn't beat you. You beat it!!! Tomorrow I undergo a fifth surgery to remove another basal cell tumor on my neck. No it's not malignant, but there is no place in anyone's life for cancer. Please let me know where I can send a donation. For as long as I've goty health

Nikki Darling-Kuria said...

I was typing on my iPhone and it kicked me out... For the last thought...

For as long as I've got my health, I will join the fighters everywhere.