Tuesday, August 9, 2011

There's an App for that!

I was reading my favorite lymphoma support group website and I saw a discussion regarding cancer apps. I never realized that there were so many apps for the iPhone, iPad, iTouch, etc... It reminded me of my experience the other day. I was trying to sync my iPhone to our computer so I could get some of my music. I suddenly realized that I was getting a bunch of "Apps" that my family has bought or downloaded. After everything loaded, I decided to go through them all and delete anything that I didn't want. I was slowly working my way through Nick's video games and Michelle's books and gospel references when I found it. The mysterious "App". It looked like a girls "App" as it had some sort of flower on it. It was a daisy...I think. I was curious so I decided to click on it to see if I had any use for it. I definitely had no use for this thing. It wanted me to put in the start date of my last cycle (or something along those lines). The name should have given it away, but I'm not always that perceptive. This mysterious "App" was called the P-Tracker. Uggh!!! I deleted it immediately.



I asked Michelle about it and it wasn't her "App". Then I realized it was my daughter's. I asked her about it at a family dinner. I don't think she was too happy with me. I'm pretty sure she won't be happy with me posting this right now. Ahh...the small joys in life.



I'll change the subject now, so I don't get into any more trouble. I posted a picture on Facebook yesterday. It is a picture of me with hair again. It is slowly growing back and it is getting some color. There is still a lot of gray, especially on the sides but I like having hair again. Michelle tells me that I need to get it cut again, just to clean it up. The gray hairs seem to grow faster than the regular hairs and so it starts to look messy. I don't know if it will be curly or straight. My cousin had to change the side of his head that he parted his hair when his hair grew back. I can't wait to see what it looks like.



This Saturday, I will be going to Thanksgiving Point with Michelle and several people from work. My company is partnering with eBay for a local charity, HopeKids. They put on special events for families of children that are terminally ill or very sick. I'm looking forward to helping out. I'm sure it will be a neat experience but possibly a tough one as well. My friend Rebecca, from my mission, is spearheading it from eBay. She runs all of their charitable giving operations for Salt Lake City. I'm hoping that this will be the start of a good partnership with eBay. Many people confuse eBay and E*TRADE. Kind of nice that we get to work together on this good cause.



On Friday, the 19th, we will be going to a charity dinner for the Huntsman Cancer Institute. We have 16 people going from work (8 employees and their guests). I also invited my cousin Seth and his wife. I've previously mentioned Seth, he battled Hodgkins Lymphoma 10 years ago. He has been such a big support and I'm glad that they will be able to go.



I've attached a copy of the picture that I posted on Facebook. I swear the runways are a little further up my head than they used to be...oh well. I have hair!


1 comment:

Sue Johnson said...

You look great, Jimmy! I love your new hairdo.