Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My MVPs

At the risk of offending someone for leaving them off of my list. I wanted to simply take a minute to recognize so many people that supported me and my family during treatments.

Michelle Carbine - How could I not start the list with this girl? She is my rock! I'll never repay her for what she has done.

My kids - Alex, Makenzie, Nick, and Sydney. They were troopers and continue to be a big support.

Our Parents - (Jim and Helen Carbine/Joe and Carol Marks) For the daily phone calls, driving to the appointments, clothing (especially the t-shirts when I was having night sweats), the visits, dinners and so on...(too much to list each thing that they did for us).

My siblings and their spouses - Charlene and Don, Mary and Aaron, Mike and Candice, Steve and Amy, and Bobby and Amelia. Phone calls, visits, helping with our kids, electical work, and much more.

Michelle's siblings - Jennifer Anderson, Joey and Rhonda, Steph and Scott.

Seth and Julie Johnson - Seth is my cousin that had Hodgkins Lymphoma 10 years ago. He was a huge support and was able to help me so much.

Dr. Legant and her staff - Truly one of the finest medical experiences that I've ever encountered.

IMC Huntsman Cancer Center Staff - Megan, Joann, Saima, Leslie, Phyllis, and everyone else. Thanks for making chemo bareable.

All of our Aunts, Uncles, and cousins - So much love and support. I recieved a blanket (Aunt Susan), special emails (Machele, Kate, Debbie, Cindy, Brad, Doug, Kathy, Larrie, Laurel, Holly, Heather, Kris, Wendy, Jamie, Julie, Katie and Josh)

Terry Hutchings-Baker (aka Aunt Terry) - My chemo buddy. We were going through chemo at the same time. She was a few weeks ahead of me and was a great support. I'm glad you are doing better.

Stew and Susie Olsen - Long distance cousins and more importantly friends. Stew has fought a similar battle and is an inspiration to me. He too has been a huge support and allowed me to ask many questions.

Childhood friends - You all know who you are. I appreciate the support.

E*TRADE Employees - You made this so much better for me. What a great place to work!

Facebook family - I felt strange about posting at first, but it made all the difference in the world. You are all the best!

Ward members (past and present) - So much service. Lots of meals brought to us. We love you all so much and apreciate what you did for us. I have to specifically call out the Owens family. They brought dinner every Tuesday whether we needed it or not. Sad that they moved but so grateful for their friendship.

I'm sure there are many other people that I'm forgetting, believe me, you are all included. The point of this post is that you are all my MVPs!!!


4 comments:

Elaine said...

Oh Jimmy, I love your big and grateful heart to pieces! Such a nice thank you to all of us who have learned so much from you about courage, honesty, faith and love. Thank YOU!

Amelia said...

You're the MVP Jimmy! We love you!!

Mom and Dad said...

Jimmy, the gratitude is for you. The daily calls help your mother and me and bolstered us far more they did you. You raise your children hoping they can become people who can make the world a better place, you already had long before the cancer. This past nine months we have seen you grow as much as we did your first nine months. You have grown from a great kid to a great, great …. man, a man who is a great inspirer (if that is a word),an exampler (again a probably made up word), and a leader. Cancer not only refines the person who has it but for those who love the afflicted. While you have become 24K gold, all of us who have gone through this with you have increased a K or two ourselves, because of you and your willingness to sharing your experiences. Love You, Mom and Dad

Jimmy & Michelle said...

Thanks Larrie and Amelia!

Dad and Mom, you are awesome! I'm not even close to 24K but you are both a big part of the reason that I am who I am today.

Love you all!