Monday, April 11, 2011

Every Day Is My Best Day

Don't get me wrong, this is a tough challenge, but I try to make every day the best that I can. I had a great day today. I went to work with the intention of working 4 hours. 7 hours later, I finally left and I felt great. I made the best of my time at work. I visited with some people, attended meetings, and discovered a problem that I am now addressing with my technology partners. It was a great day!

This past week, I was recuperating from chemo. Honestly, I think chemo is much better than I thought it was going to be. My assumption was that I would be sick at all times. I find that I'm sick for about 5 days and weak for a few more days beyond that time frame. I had visions of the movie "Dying Young" (yes, I know it is a chick flick). My experience has not been even close to the movie. Again, it is tough, but it is also manageable.

I think one of the reasons that I have done so well is because of the support that I have. Let me start with my MVP...Michelle. She is so amazing! She is so positive and knows when I'm struggling! Last week she could tell that the Prednisone was making me struggle, so she recommended that we go for a drive to get out of the house. It was the perfect recommendation and helped me perk up. My kids are also amazing. They make me smile and we laugh often. I don't know if it is a concious effort or not, but they can cheer me up very easily. I'm also so appreciative of our extended family. Our parents and siblings are so supportive. I talk to my Dad and/or Mom daily. My cancer buddies are very supportive too! Michelle's aunt just finished chemo, a good friend of ours is currently in remission, and my cousin Seth beat cancer 9 years ago (he has been a huge support in helping me navigate the cancer treatment waters).

The other reason I've done so well, and probably the most important, is because of all the prayers in my behalf. I would dare say that at least daily I have someone tell me that me and my family are in their prayers. Just knowing that is so humbling. All I can do right now is say "Thank you!".

4 comments:

Wood Gang said...

Love "Every Day Is My Best Day".... You and Michelle are amazing and such a great example to all of us praying for you! I am a firm believer that positive attitude, love and laughter along with faith and prayers is the ONLY way to overcome the obstacles in our lives. Life may get bumpy, but when we hold on and find the joy and laughter that surrounds us we will make it. I am not surprised that your #'s are good and that things are better than expected...it is because of your faith and positive attitude along with Michelle's. The strength of the two of you cannot fail! Always remember that the prayers will lift you in the bumpier times. Way to keep your head up and show the rest of us how to really truly live life! Thank You to the Carbine Family!
~Wendy

Jimmy & Michelle said...

Thanks Wendy! It was great to see you when you were out here.

Unknown said...

David said one of the sweetest prayers I have ever heard last night and it was all about you. He just prayed that uncle Jimmy could get better and that all people who are sick could get better. This was without any promptings from his Mom or Dad.

Jimmy & Michelle said...

Very cute Amelia. It was great to see you guys last weekend! Michelle and I will have to come down there some day.