Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Sweetheart...My Best Friend

Okay...if you aren't up for reading a sappy post, stop reading immediately. This round of chemo has been different than the other rounds. It started out better on day 1 and 2 but has been worse this week. I have had problems with nausea and sleeping. It has been a rough week for Michelle too. So often, the cancer patient gets all of the attention and the significant other gets ignored. Not to mention, that they are now carrying twice the responsibility.

Now to the sappy part. I am so lucky to be married to such a wonderful woman. I met Michelle Marks in my junior year. We were sitting in our seminary class and Brother Haws asked if anyone knew everyone in the class. Michelle raised her hand and when she got to me, I saw the look of horror in her eyes. She didn't know me. We became great friends and I loved tease her. In May of the following year (our senior year), Michelle and I went on our first date. I came home that night and told my Dad that she was the girl that I wanted to marry. I always admired her. She was the type of person that I wanted to be around and I was very attracted to her (hence the name of my blog). :)

Throughout the years (19 and counting), we have become even closer, which I didn't think was possible. 12 years ago, I was in a very serious automobile accident that left me with two broken arms. As you can imagine, I couldn't do anything for myself. She was so great and we grew so close to one another. 12 years later, we are now fighting this battle and once again...she is amazing. I have so many people supporting me but no one can imagine what this wonderful woman has done for me. I am so lucky! I am in such debt to her and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life paying her back. I think it will start with a much needed vacation to Hawaii next year.

I'm not going to apologize for gushing about my sweetheart. She is my best friend and I'm so grateful for her. I hope you all get to know her better. She is awesome!

2 comments:

Come, Follow Me-Music Study said...

She is awesome and I'm glad we've been cousins. We grew up knowing each other a lot better than we know each other now but I do know that she's amazing and you are lucky!! But I thinks she's pretty lucky too!!! I don't know you all that well but I remember staying at the Marks' home a time or two when you two were dating and I saw how in love she was back then! Good luck to you both. You are blessed to have eac other! Love all of you and wish I had an opportunity to really get to know you! You are in our thoughts and prayers here in St. Louis!

Steph said...

She is super awesome! Such a sweet post. It was good to see you guys the a week ago. I love your attitude about things, you are a fighter to the core.