Sunday, June 26, 2011

Platinum Lining

We've all heard the phrase..."Every cloud has a silver lining." I'm pretty much a believer in that concept. My Dad used to always tell me that some of our darkest days come before our biggest blessings. I can tell you that I absolutely believe that as well.

So here are my silver linings of being a survivor of Non Hodkins Lymphoma (you will notice that I didn't use the C word).





  • Michelle and I are closer than ever. She has been my rock throughout this experience and I'm so grateful for her.


  • I want to spend more time with my family. I was limited in what I could do and now I want to do those things that I couldn't do.


  • I cherish every day that I have with my loved ones. I know they won't be here forever but I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I've had to associate with them.


  • Friendships have blossomed. So many people have helped our family. We have reconnected with old friends and new friendships have developed.


  • I have a greater appreciation for prayer. I've said it before but we've felt the prayers and we know that we have received strength beyond our own.


  • I appreciate having good health. I think we all take this for granted at times. I'm still not 100% and probably won't be for a long time but I'm so happy that I'm feeling better every day.


There are probably 100 other things that I could talk about. As I've thought about it, I would change the name to Platinum Lining. I don't know why we had this challenge in our lives. I do know that it will continue to bless me in the future and hopefully other people as well.



This is a big week for us. I have blood labs on Tuesday, my PET scan on Wednesday, and I meet with Dr. Legant on Friday. I'm confident that she is going to tell us that I'm in remission. I can then officially say that I'm a cancer survivor. I'm so excited! I have to admit that I'm also a little nervous. There is a chance that it isn't completely gone, but I'm determined to keep that out of my head. I will post again later this week when I have some of the answers. Wish us luck!

No comments: