Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wind in My Hair and Labs

The title to this post doesn't make much sense but it was a cool day today. It was raining and I stepped outside to watch the storm that was rolling in. The wind picked up and I had a realization that made me very happy...the wind was blowing through my hair. I have enough hair for the wind to blow through. My hair is growing more and more each day. It is dark in some parts and light in others (I still say the light part is gray but others are telling me that it is blonde). I'm currently trying to decide if I want to keep my hair really short. I have to admit that I have enjoyed the low maintenance hairstyle. I just wish I didn't have to shave my face. I really enjoyed that aspect of Chemo.

I've been feeling great recently. Michelle and I have been walking and it has been awesome. I went in for labs today and I think I had some good news. One of the tests that they ran was the sedimentation rate. This test measures how fast your red blood cells settle in a test tube. The last time I had it tested was on 2/2/2011. At that point in time, my reading was 99. A normal reading is 0-15. Today, the reading was 4. I've learned that high readings can be caused by certain autoimmune diseases and cancers (such as Lymphoma). That makes me very happy! I have a low reading. It doesn't mean that I'm out of the woods, but it is a good sign.

For now, I just have to enjoy the perceived good news and let the wind blow through my hair. :)

2 comments:

Tender Mercies said...

Congrats! I can't WAIT to feel wind in my hair--I still have peach fuzz right now.

Jimmy & Michelle said...

Thanks Jenny! Your hair will be there before you know it. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it short or grow it back out.