Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chemo 1 of 6

I'm not sure where to begin on this post. Day one of Chemo went very smoothly. They started with the Rituxan (the smart bomb). It went as planned. It takes 4 hours for that drug to be administered. The primary reason is that they start so slow as it has (non-human antibodies...mice antibodies). Some people have a reaction to it but I did just fine. They then adminstered the other drugs and everything went as planned but went much more quickly.

We went home expecting the worst. I felt like a time bomb just waiting for the after affects to hit. They didn't come on Friday. I felt very blessed...until Saturday morning. The vomiting began and didn't stop. Despite all of the drugs, I still had issues. Saturday was not a good day. I also had to go get a shot that stimulates white blood cells growth in my bones. It is supposed to make me ache but so far, it hasn't.

I had a slight meltdown on Saturday as well. I think it is the Prednizon (sp?). They told me it could have an impact on mood swings. I'm so grateful for my wife and kids, they were a great support for me. Michelle is amazing! I don't know how I will ever repay what she has gone through for me.

Today was also rough. Still vomitting. I was prescribed a better anti nausea medication and an anti anxiety/anti nausea medication. Three hours after taking them, I had issues again. I think I have a real weak stomach. I've gotta get this figured out before next time.

I'm sorry for some of you that have called or come to visit and I didn't speak to you. Please forgive me. I feel like crap and wouldn't be good company. I'm still optimistic but it is harder to stay so in the heat of the battle.

Thanks again to all of you that are supporting me and my family. Especially those supporting my family. We appreciate it so much!

6 comments:

DebiHope54@gmail.com said...

Our prayers and thoughts are with you every day!!! Hang in there and keep the faith! Love you guys!

Jimmy & Michelle said...

Thanks Debbie! Doing much better today! We love you too!

Laurel said...

so grateful you are blogging. It will make it a little easier to not annoy you with a visit (grin).

but it won't keep me away. I've missed you guys.

Steph let me know about the family fast so i could participate. just want you to know I've been praying ever since.

you're a good man, Jimmy. And this cancer thing doesn't know who it's messing with.

xoxo

Jimmy & Michelle said...

Thanks Laurel! We know you've been there all the way. We would love to see you once your crazy schedule slows down though. You mean so much to our little family.

Unknown said...

Hang in there Jimmy C. Sorry to hear the battle is going tough. You've been in our thoughts and prayers daily. Sometimes the Lord gives us certain chalenges so we can better relate to those we'll be called on to help at other points in our lives. You're a great man and I'm glad to have the association of your friendship.

Jimmy & Michelle said...

Thanks Mark! I feel the same about my friendship with you. Thanks for the continued support! I'll hopefully make it in the office next week.