Friday, February 25, 2011

PICC Line

I had a PICC line inserted yesterday. It is a line into one of my veins that goes up my arm around and connects to one of my main arteries near my heart. It sounds scary and I will admigt that I was very nervous. The procedure took a couple of hours and was painful at a few points. The PICC line will make it so I don't have to be poked so much. They can now draw blood from the PICC line and all future Chemo treatments will be given through the line as well. I have to get it cleaned and flushed weekly but I think it is going to make my life a bit easier going forward.

I've also been dealing with some depression/anxiety recently. It is hard for me to admit this to such a large audience as I am typically a very positive person by nature. I'm still dealing with drenching night sweats (I'm told that they will go away eventually). Every night, I start getting anxious about going to bed. I also know that the medications can affect mood. I called my Doctor and asked about possible anti-depressants. It is hard to focus on one day at a time. I know that is how we are going to get to the end of this challenge, but I think some help is in order.

I'm going to start working next week (part time). I think that will also help me as I focus on something other than the "C" word. By the way, we've decided that the "C" word stands for "Challenge" instead of "Cancer". We are going to beat this and it is a challenge.

Once again, I'm going to thank everyone that has been such a support to me and my family. Michelle continues to be my rock and my kids are so amazing! I love family. My Dad and Mom have also been so great! They drop anything to help us out. I don't know what I would do without family!

No comments: