Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday

I have always loved Fridays (who doesn't...right?). Fridays now mean something more. Every Friday, I am one week closer to my final treatment. Don't get me wrong, I know I have a long way to go before I'm done with this trial but this past week went by very quickly. Every Friday, in between treatments, I have to get my PICC line flushed and have the dressing changed. If I am feeling well enough, Michelle and I try to go to dinner.

I felt pretty good tonight. I wasn't really feeling sick but I'm very lethargic. As my daughter, Sydney, would say..."I feel heavy". We decided to visit my Mom for a few minutes as she had surgery yesterday. She is doing great and looked a lot better than I expected. I am really happy that she is doing so well. I worry about her but she is a trooper.

After visiting for a while, Michelle and I went to dinner. It is Michelle's birthday on Monday, so I let her pick the restaurant. She wanted to go to The Old Spaghetti Factory (one of her top five favorites). We sat in the top section of the restaurant and basically had the section to ourselves. We had a great meal with great conversation. It was a great date!

I came home to several phone calls, including calls from two of my brothers, my cousin Seth and my former Bishop (thanks Bishop Coats). I appreciate the phone calls so much! They really lift my spirits. I am so grateful for friends and family! This challenge would be so much different without the support of all of you!

No comments: