Saturday, March 5, 2011

My best day of 2011

Friday was by far the best day of 2011. I had a great night of sleep, no night sweats. I woke up and had a good breakfast. The weather was very nice and the sun was shining. Michelle and I had a lot to do. We had to go to the IMC Cancer Center to get my PICC line cleaned and flushed, we then went to buy unmentionables at the Beehive Clothing store at the Jordan River Temple. I'm days from losing my hair so we went to Sports Authority to buy some beanie caps. We then invited my parents to go to dinner with us. I'm so grateful for my parents! They have been such a big support to me and Michelle. It was a wonderful evening! Michelle and I talked about how nice it felt to reconnect. Everything has been about my sickness but Friday felt like a normal day.

Michelle and I have been through a lot over the years. This latest trial has brought us even closer (I didn't think that was possible). I've said it many times but I'll say it again, she is my rock! I am so lucky to have her. I am blessed!

We are going to my nieces baptism today. I'm so excited for her! She is a sweetheart. I'm also going to see Nick compete in drumline. I'm worried about going into a large crowd but I will find a place that is away from most of the people. I'm really not anti-social, I have just become very aware of people coughing, sneezing, sniffling, etc... I'm really hoping that today will be a good day.

Here's hoping that there will be many good days going forward!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Glad you had a good day! Hopefully you'll have more of those, and less bad ones.

Jimmy & Michelle said...

Amen sister! Today was an okay day. I think I did too much yesterday. It was good to see you last week! I hope Scott is feeling better!

Wood Gang said...

So glad you had a good day! Those good days will help boost you up and give you strength until the next one. I love that the "C" word now means CHALLENGE - that is a wonderful way to greet it each day. My family is learning and growing from your example of strength that you share. Life's trials can be tough and we have faced many, but knowing that we are not alone has gotten us to where we are today. Please know that thoughts and prayers are with you and Michelle and your family. The two of you are amazing...Can't wait to see you thru this Challenge!